This recipe, using Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix, has produced the loveliest gluten free waffles I have had yet. They also freeze and toast up very nicely. Adjust the spices to your taste (I usually use more than indicated).
- 2 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
- 4 eggs, seperated
- 1 cup sour cream or whole plain greek yogurt
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 t cinnamon
- 1/2 t nutmeg
- 2 T honey
- 1 T vanilla
- 6 T melted butter
- oil for greasing waffle iron (as needed)
- Combine Pamela’s mix, sour cream or yogurt, buttermilk, spices, honey, and vanilla until smooth.
- Melt butter and set aside.
- Preheat waffle iron to med/low (I set mine at 4.25 out of 7).
- Separate the eggs, dropping yolks into the mix, and setting aside the whites.
- Stir the egg yolks into the mix, and then the melted butter.
- With a whisk or blender, whip up egg whites until they form soft peaks.*
- Fold egg whites gently into mix.
- Before cooking the first waffle, you may want to spray/brush waffle iron with oil. You may or may not need to oil between subsequent waffles.
- Pour in 1/2 to 1 cup batter and cook.
- Remove cooked waffle carefully, and either set aside too cool on a wire rack (if freezing), or serve immediately.
*Check out this handy egg white whipping reference!