So yummy, and gluten free, and no one would know it. Eat them and feel happy inside. Freeze the extras (this recipe makes a LOT of pancakes) for toasting later. You are welcome!
- 3 cups Pamela’s Baking & Pancake Mix
- 1-2 t cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, coriander
- 1 cup or so roasted pumpkin
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup of water, plus more as needed
- 2-3 eggs
- 3 T coconut sugar
- 1 T vanilla extract
- 4-5 T melted coconut oil/butter*
- 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- In a bowl (or blender), beat together eggs and pumpkin, then sugar, buttermilk and finally melted oil/butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift together dry mix with spices.
- Mix together wet and dry until thoroughly combined.
- Add additional water as needed to achieve your preferred pancake consistency.
- Cook pancakes on medium heat until bubbles form and break, and the edges (and even the tops) are dry. Then flip and cook until golden on the other side.
- Serve immediately, or cool/dry on a rack before freezing. They will keep a lovely moist interior, and freeze/toast up fabulously.
*If you use a combination of butter and coconut oil, be careful if you melt them together - don’t put them in the microwave together, or the coconut oil may boil up through the butter and explode!
Note: If you want to make these without the buttermilk, try substituting milk or a milk substitute for the buttermilk, and leaving out the water until you get to the final mixing stage. Then add only as much water (or more milk) as you need to get your preferred consistency.